The instrument is designed and made as per the National Standard of People’s Republic of China GB/T 4929 “Test Methods for Dropping Point of Grease”. It is suitable to determine the dropping point of grease as per GB/T 4929.
1. Power supply: AC 220 V±10%, 50 Hz
2. Oil bath: it is a 600 ml beaker.
3. Grease cup: it is made of brass，which is plated by chrome. Its inner diameter is about 9.92 mm and the diameter of orifice for dropping is 2.8 mm. The height of the cup is about 12 mm.
4. Test tube: it is a tube of heat-resistant glass, with rim. Its inner diameter is 11.1 to 12.7 mm. There are three indentations at about 19 mm from the bottom, equally spaced on the circumstance. These indentations are used for supporting the grease cup.
5. Thermometer: the temperature measurement range is -5～300 ℃, and its graduated scale is 1 ℃. Its total length is 390 mm and the depth immersed is about 76 mm.
6. Heater: tubular, and its power is about 800 W.
7. Stirring motor: its rotation speed is 60 r/min
8. Ambient temperature: -10～+40 ℃
9. Relative humidity: ≤85%
10. Power consumption: not more than 900 W